Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A classic whodunnit

Yesterday, after stepping out of the shower, it sounded awfully quiet.

I walked into the kitchen...

The fridge was open and my husband's jello concoction (which took him 2 days to make... all that boiling water and such...) had been poked and prodded.




There were also half-eaten fig newtons all over the floor

The usual suspects had very red fingers, red blotches on their pjs and cookie crumbs sticking everywhere. If there were any doubt as to the guilty party, there is a perfect, tiny hand print in the jello.

In the end we called it "breakfast" since they were mysteriously lacking in appetite.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I don't know what to say other than THAT WAS FUNNY! HA!

mosey (kim) said...

I do hope the perpetrators received their due justice. (more fig newtons and the rest of the jello)

Phoenix said...

LOL! Well, thank goodness you are a very loving and patient mom!

mrs.notouching said...

That was too funny! Too bad they get better at covering their tracks as they get older.

anymommy said...

Now that is a good attitude. I would have freaked. Although, I hate jello, so I might let them have at that nasty stuff ;-)

krista said...

it's like when my two year old drew on the wall with orange crayon and tried to act like she didn't know how it got there.
as she held the crayon in her hand saying 'no. no.'