Monday, March 30, 2009

Just Random

1) This weekend my husband took the kids to drop off some papers at a client's house. When they saw the kids the woman said: "They're so cute; their mother must be beautiful."

I'm not... but whatever, I'll take it.

When my husband told me I said "Awww, I am sure she didn't mean it as an insult to you." (you know, like she thought the mother would have to be beautiful to make up for his lack of cuteness or something)

Just to set the record straight: they actually look a lot like him, but with my coloring. But they are both waaaaaaaaay cuter than either of us ever were.


2) I was listening to an interview with one of the guys from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" on the radio this morning, apparently some fashion guru. He mentioned a few cost-conscious fashion tips including this one:

"Shop from your own closet."

Can someone please explain WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? Has he not seen my closet? There will not be any "shopping" in there! There might be some dredging, some scavenging, and a lot of just old-fashioned "making-do." But shopping... uh no. I do not have the closet for that.

Annoying...


3) We had a lovely BBQ last night. The evening was beautiful. We had a little red wine. We ate right off the grill (we are a little barbaric that way): shrimp, asparagos, chicken, rib-eye... We roasted marshmallows, which G loves. It was idyllic.

And now I will give you the secret for really great grilling. We don't really use sauces much. But we always use Kosher salt. That's it! It makes the best chicken legs (breasts dry out--you have to use a piece with skin). That's what we put on the rib-eye too. Yum-Yum!

Oh, and gas grills may be convenient, but they suck in the flavor arena. We always use charcoal. It tastes better and there is something sort of comfortingly primitive about gnawing on a chicken leg by a fire.

4) ... and... that job I applied for in Chile a few months back has opened up again... HMMMM...... Destiny? or Insanity? (someone once said--I think-- that the definition of insanity was repeating a certain behavior and hoping for a different result.--Was that Dr. Phil? I hope not.)

No comments: