Monday, April 12, 2010

That's my girl

This is G.

She loves dirt and sticks... and mulch. One of her first words was mulch (mooch)


She also loves bugs and frogs and creepy-crawlies of all sorts.

We had better get out of Texas before she comes running to show me her pet rattle snake.


This is Pepe II. He turned green in G's hand. Pepe I, who was more of a tiny gecko, lost his tail in a moment of panic (they do that).




I was a major tom-boy as a kid, so apparently the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

9 comments:

mosey (kim) said...

A girl after my own heart. That frog looks a bit disgruntled though.

(great photos!)

Danielle said...

I bet you are proud. You should be! :)

Annje said...

Mosey-she is actually pretty gentle, but no, the critters don't love to be caught and caressed ;-)

Danielle-I am proud and a bit relieved that it is not all about princesses.

mosey (kim) said...

I'm sure your daughter cares for those little guys with utmost gentleness. My comment had more to do with the fact that, as an animator, I tend to anthropomorphize any creatures I see!

Phoenix said...

CUTE. As a now grownup still tomboy, I can tell you that fearless, adventuress girls are the best. :)

Bex said...

I still remember the day I caught a baby chipmunk when I was seven or eight. It bit me and I let it go. So I ran home and got some dishwashing gloves and a plastic container and ran out to get it. But it was gone. Sadly. :)

mrs.notouching said...

I am betting Leila will be tomboy... now lets wait and see :-)

Sara said...

I was that girl! I would gather the frogs and minnows and *gasp* leeches when we went to the lake. I agree though, a pet rattlesnake would be rather inconvenient. I don't imagine they are very cuddly.

Maggie May said...

i love the frog image!

i was a tomboy too :)

i had a rolly poly bug village, and my own nest of wasps. good times.