For some reason, or many, it has been hard to get around to posting. But I need to post something so you can get over my last post on tampons and vasectomies.
I got tagged by Brooke over at Txting Mr Darcy. I guess it is officially an award, but I am going to call it a tag because I think a blogging award is somewhat unmerited… and then I am only going to follow the rules I want to: I am rebellious and irreverent that way. I will thank her because it was lovely of her to think of me. Thank you, Brooke!
I have actually been avoiding this post because it is one of those meme things, where I have to tell you 7 things about me that you don’t know. I have been wracking my brain, I tell you. I think you guys probably know me better than some of my siblings do. Also, I wrote this and pretty much covered ALL the things there are to know about me. So I will now write just totally random things from the bizarre recesses of my little head.
1. I love cheddar cheese on my Spaghetti (all Italians now shudder in disgust and muttering something about “stupid brute Americans”). I can’t help it, it was the way I was raised. And it was the first meal I had once after a stomach virus and it is forever carved into my memory as the BEST MEAL EVER!
2. My first “French” kiss was at 13 in my basement with a boy who had just drunk beer. I thought the taste was so foul, I excused myself and went upstairs to wash out my mouth. I still can’t drink beer, but I can now stomach kissing a certain beer-drinker.
3. My favorite perfume is Carolina Herrera’s 212. I love it. It is my fragrance and for years (12) the only one I wore (I recently got a new perfume as a gift that I like quite a bit). I am very possessive of 212. If my sisters say they might buy it, I freak out a little and tell them it is MINE, my scent, and they need to go find their own.
4. There is a teeny tiny part of me that loves country… music, dancing, cowboys and I have even contemplated on several occasions the purchase of cowboy boots.
5. These are my favorite underwear. They are cute (enough). They are cotton. They ride low but don’t ride up or in between. I will never understand the thong underwear craze. Buy some and come back and thank me because they will make your tush look cute.
Thinking thinking, stretching stretching… seven things is a lot of things. OMG There has to be something else in there...
6. I wanted to be a librarian when I was little. It was my first career goal. I used to make my brothers and sisters check out books from our bookshelves. I believe some of them still owe me over-due fines… plus interest.
ahhhhhh just one more... thinkthinkthinkthink....
7. I want to run a marathon--which may not be something you don't know actually. I already run quite a bit, I could run a half marathon if I wanted, so that doesn't feel like big enough goal; I just need to seriously train for the complete one. Maybe before I am 40... which is not that far off... good god!
So, the last rule is that I am supposed to pass it on, but I am shy about that, so I won't, but if anyone wants to play, consider yourself tagged...