Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Busted...

I have a strict NO TOYS AT THE TABLE rule at my house. Toys can get all mucky at the table, they often lead to fights and whining, but mostly, they are a distraction from the principal goal... eating.

Yesterday, at lunch, after I had finished eating and was waiting for the tots to ever-so-slowly finish munching their lunch, I whipped out my itouch and started fooling around.

G tipped her head, looked down her nose at me, and said in a solemn voice:

Momma, no toys at the table!

You are absolutely right dear! It won't happen again

6 comments:

Danielle said...

HA! LOL! That was great. Thanks for the laugh :)

mosey (kim) said...

Oh, those double standards are so tricky. I'm sure you can find a way to get around it though....

Abby said...

Precious!!

Eileen said...

sounds like a perfect tie-in to what I was talking about, what you do while you're waiting! And yes, it is problematic in life, and especially in Chile, and no, I won't judge you for it.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love it!

Margaret said...

hahaha! Smart kid! And what goes around comes around... and you're just getting started! She'll call you on lots more than that over the coming years!